Although managing a successful volunteer program begins before a volunteer walks through the door, the hard part of successfully managing them is only just beginning -- even if you've provided a strong orientation and training. It is what you do once the volunteer is "on the job" that determines whether your volunteer program will turn out to be a success or whether you will always be recruiting new volunteers to replace those that have left.
Too many nonprofits miss this and find themselves spending more time than they should recruiting and fewer hours focusing on fulfilling their mission. There are a number of volunteer management tools and practices that successful nonprofits emphasize:
- Performing a staffing analysis.
- Conducting needs assessments.
- Creating a clear volunteer selection process.
- Establishing well defined retention strategies.
- Quantifying the impact of volunteers.
- Maintaining clear and supportive supervision.
- And more.
Getting any of these wrong will at best only cause distraction but at the other extreme could undermine the future of the nonprofit itself.
Please join Lynn Ivey, nonprofit consultant, as she explains step-by-step seven essential requirements that your volunteer management program will want to consider.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Learn 7 key elements associated with successful volunteer management.
- Focus on operational assessment and planning which includes: program needs assessment, staffing analysis, required policies and procedures, identifying options for volunteer involvement, etc.
- See how to develop and document your volunteer selection process.
- Discuss the importance of continuing education as a supplement to initial orientation training.
- Understand how to develop and implement clear retention strategies.
- Review the importance of including both formal and informal recognition in your volunteer management program.
- See how to include benchmarks for evaluating volunteer impact.
- Develop strong practices and procedures for managing volunteers including: setting both short and long term goals, periodic evaluations, procedures for resolving problem situations, reviewing the legal framework within which both your volunteers and supervisors will be operating.
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “7 Essentials for Successful Volunteer Management: Step-by-Step Guidance” is Lynn Ivey. Lynn is a consultant, trainer and speaker for nonprofits throughout the U.S. Her nonprofit experience spans more than 20 years and includes senior executive and leadership positions with healthcare, education, and family support/intervention programs. Her roles have been diverse including: administrator of one of South Carolina’s largest nonprofit hospice programs, director and coordinator of volunteer programs, personnel manager, social worker, staff trainer, clinical instructor, and preschool director. Lynn is a licensed social worker and long-term care administrator with a strong passion for building stronger communities. Because of her wealth of first-hand experience, both in senior nonprofit executive and volunteer positions, she is a sought-after speaker and has been invited to present at national, state and regional events and conferences. In addition to her professional work, she also has a wealth of volunteer experience including: women’s shelters, a theater company, U.S. Navy Family Service Center, and scouting. She has also held volunteer positions serving on the National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals CEO Steering Committee, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control Cancer Control Advisory Committee, and the South Carolina Association of Residential Care Homes Board of Directors, to mention only a few.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.