Are You Still Struggling to Understand UPMIFA Rules?
Many nonprofits don’t realize that there are many rules around how donations should be handled, whether they can be refunded, and how to know donor intent. This can result in extremely sticky situations. There are also myriad rules around investing assets, managing grant funds and donor-restricted funds, and the process to vary from a donor’s stated intent when the intent become impractical or impossible.
The Uniform Management of Institutional Funds Act (“UPMIFA”) changed many of the default rules that existed prior to 2007. Practitioners and nonprofit leaders still struggle to understand the rules.
This webinar will cover handling donations, investing assets and straying from a donation’s original purpose.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Helping a donor establish when a gift is “completed”
- Assessing when a donor’s gift of a “partial interest” is tax deductible, and what to do about it
- Properly completing a refund of a donation, where appropriate
- “Prudently” holding and investing assets
- Implementing “fund accounting” for restricted funds (grants, or individual donations)
- Exercising “variance” power and/or follow the formal variance process with the Attorney General and/or the Court
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].