Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Sandra K. Pfau Englund, attorney at law
Price: $299.00, On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? Executive directors, CEOs, financial officers, managers, human resources, program directors, in-house counsel
You may be managing a not-for-profit organization, but if your organization is not financially stable and bringing in more than it spends you won’t be around for long. This webinar walks you through the key components of financial stability including budgeting, cash versus accrual accounting methods, reading balance sheets, and tips for providing excellent financial leadership for your organization. We’ll also introduce you to key planning, cash projection and fiscal management calendar tools, and bust common myths including IRS limits on cash reserves.
Please join Sandra Pfau England, attorney at law, for a webinar that will equip you with the necessary tools to ensure better financial health and security for your nonprofit. By implementing sound financial planning methods, you and your staff will have the freedom to focus on your mission and the other important work you do.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Here’s a sample of the practical tips you’ll take away:
- Learn why it’s important to develop a program-based budget both for managing your organization and for IRS reporting purposes, and how to start developing your budget on a programmatic/functional basis
- Learn how to use your budget to focus on financial results rather than merely hitting budget numbers and why this is important
- Consider making cash flow a key priority, including how to project cash flows;
- Discover whether income diversification is…or is not important to your organization
- Focus on reserves and setting appropriate reserve goals for your organization
- Learn how to report your financial position to your board
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Budgeting and Financial Planning for Nonprofits” is Sandra (Sandy) Pfau Englund. Ms. Englund is the founder of and managing partner of Pfau Englund Nonprofit Law, P.C., www.nonprofitlaw.com and the founder of Parent Booster USA, the leading organization helping schools and their parent-led fundraising groups comply with federal and state nonprofit fundraising laws. Ms. Englund is the author of School Fundraising: So Much More than Cookie Dough and a sought after speaker. She earned a master's degree in public administration with a concentration in association management from George Washington University, Washington D.C., and her J.D. degree from the National Law Center at George Washington University.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.