Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Dustin Johnson, executive director, Anacortes Family Center
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? Board members, CEOs, executive directors, CFOs, managers, supervisors, outreach & education managers, funders, community partners and foundation/development staff
Creating a high functioning board is not a matter of luck. It is a matter of skill, policies, practices and paperwork, and having each is a core part of ensuring your board is on point and executing at the highest level possible. Without a high performing board your nonprofit risks decreased productivity, diminished development, and ultimately less progress towards accomplishing your mission.
Please join Dustin Johnson as he guides you through best practices for developing bulletproof board governance policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- A template board matrix, including examples of what your board matrix should include and industry-specific qualifications
- A written board vetting process
- Why should you put more time and effort into hiring staff than you do putting someone in control of the organization?
- Examples of specific policies to put into place, questions you should ask, and red flags to look for
- Bylaw policies: Ensuring your governing documents are air-tight around board responsibilities
- Policies and procedures: A glove-and-hand to your bylaws, and a solid set of policies and procedures give you and your board a more specific set of expectations, goals and desired outcomes
- A board job description: Give your board members the benefit of a road map. Lay out expectations of your board, just as they should be doing with you – and like you are doing with your staff
- Statement of board commitment: The hardest job is to ensure everyone has the same set of standards, ethics and norms
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Bulletproof Board Governance: Creating the Most Productive Board Possible” is Dustin Johnson. Dustin’s passion is helping communities come together to support and serve those most in need. For well over a decade, he has specialized in bringing his expertise, focus, tenacity and strategic thinking into organizations that are in jeopardy — evaluating and utilizing existing and underutilized resources to bring organizations into solvency and success.
Dustin is currently the executive director of the Anacortes Family Center, a homeless shelter with a unique approach to helping women, children and families in crisis, enabling them to realize self-sufficiency and success. AFC’s program has the distinction of being one of Washington State’s most successful shelters, with an over 80% success rate. Prior to running AFC, Dustin was the director of development and deputy director for Family Law CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), an organization that provides legal advocacy to abused and neglected kids in Seattle. At both organizations Dustin led the organization from near-collapse to financially flourishing. Dustin has also worked at the Seattle Symphony, he has been the business manager for Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square Neighborhood, and has been fortunate enough to consult with organizations large and small.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.