Duration:Scheduled for 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Sandra K. Pfau Englund, attorney at law
Price: $299.00, On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? Executive directors, financial officers, managers, human resources, program directors, in-house counsel
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- The basics of a contract and the differences between a handshake, memorandum of understanding, and formal contract
- The risks for using the wrong type of agreement
- The key contract terms which should be included in an agreement—force majeure clause, termination, scope, governing law, price and payments, risks, protecting intellectual property, deliverability, severability, etc.
- The 23 key contract terms, and which ones are most important
- How to write clear contract terms
- How to untangle and understand common contract “legalese”
- How to identify unnecessary language
- How to draft standard contract terms for your organization
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Bulletproof Your Contracts: Understand the Key and Most Disputed Terms, the Difference Between an MOU and a Contract, and Much More!” is Sandra (Sandy) Pfau Englund. Sandy has provided legal counsel to nonprofit groups for over 20 years. Sandy is founder of RENOSI, Inc., a company that helps nonprofit groups manage the growing federal and state filing requirements necessary to obtain, and maintain, tax-exempt status. She also founded Parent Booster USA, a nonprofit providing help to school support organizations/booster clubs. She is the industry thought leader on issues related to tax-exempt status and compliance, and financial and fundraising transparency. Sandy began her career with a Washington, D.C-based law firm where she represented tax-exempt status, grants and expenditure responsibility, and private foundation rules and regulations. Sandy is a sought-after subject matter expert and has been quoted by NBC’s TODAYshow and in Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, among others. She is published and speaks throughout the country on issues relating to nonprofit, tax exempt organizations. She earned her law degree and a master’s in public administration from George Washington University. She also holds a bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Eastern Michigan University, from which she was named Outstanding Young Alumnae.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.