COVID-19 And Federal Grants: What You Need To Know and What You Need To Do
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and some federal agencies are modifying federal grant practices and compliance standards during this difficult time. You need to understand where flexibility exists and which actions to prioritize to continue to comply with the practices dictated by 2 CFR 200.
As the COVID-19 pandemic brings challenges to your nonprofit, now is the time to consider its effects on your federal grants. For example, you may need to document the loss of operational capacity, explain increased costs, funding of unusual staff attendance and leave and use of no-cost extensions.
To share the latest information on federal grant requirements, we have assembled a two-session webinar series explaining first, what is the federal perspective and intent during COVID-19 and, secondly, how your non-profit should react. Nationally recognized expert Rex Porter will explain the key aspects of grant compliance practices during the COVID-19 crisis.
COVID-19 And Federal Grants: What You Need to Know
Wednesday, April 8, 1 PM Eastern
A primer on federal government intent and changes during the COVID-19 crisis
- What federal grant compliance changes will apply for 2020?
- How does the federal government perceive the risks of COVID-19 for nonprofits?
- How does the government expect you to prioritize actions and reporting?
- How might SAM.gov registration, applications, and the use of NOFOs change?
- Are salaries and other costs of dealing with COVID-19 allowed?
NOTE: This is the only session where we will share detailed COVID-19 federal intent and compliance changes
COVID-19 And Federal Grants: What You Need to Do
Friday, April 10, 1 PM Eastern
A summary of recommended assessments and potential non-profit actions during the COVID-19 crisis
- How should you react if your organization experiences the loss of operational capacity or increased costs due to the COVID-19 crisis?
- How should you document challenges and changes?
- When can you use no-cost extensions and non-competitive grants?
- What internal adaptations may you make based on revised grant requirements?
- What is your “control environment” under “COSO”? Why do they matter?How does COVID-19 affect end-of-grant issues, including closeout and audit?
NOTE: This is the only session where we will address recommended COVID-19 key non-profit assessment steps and follow-on actions
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].