Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Dustin Johnson, executive director, Anacortes Family Center
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, board members, HR managers, program managers, supervisors, department heads, and nonprofit staff
Would you buy fire insurance the day after a fire occurs? Of course not! Whether you’re a direct service provider dealing with high-risk populations, or you’re a professional membership organization, a crisis can occur. There are two core components to managing a crisis: your plan and your response. Having a plan is a proactive measure with many beneficial qualities: it limits the collateral damage created from the crisis, it allows you to better support those impacted, and it helps the organization, your board and staff to get back on track in the fastest, most thoughtful and efficient way possible. Creating a comprehensive and proactive crisis plan allows you to be ready for the worst!
Please join Dustin Johnson as he helps you develop a well-drafted comprehensive crisis plan that encompasses your procedural, administrative and operational response to a crisis, and also includes a solid communication strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Identifying your potential areas for vulnerability that may result in a crisis
- The preventative aspect of a crisis plan
- Differentiating between a problem and a crisis and knowing when a problem has the potential to become a crisis
- An assessment that identifies where your organization currently stands to respond to a crisis
- A template for a robust and comprehensive crisis plan
- A communication strategy for various types of crises
- Finding the silver lining by maximizing the opportunities that present themselves in a crisis
- Creating internal crisis response systems
- The steps for rolling out the crisis plan to staff, board, stakeholders and our community
- Important people and groups to bring into your plan
- Important people and groups to brief on your crisis plan
- Tips for what to avoid or to be cautious of
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Crisis Management: Drafting a Plan to Limit Damage and Get Back on Track Fast” is Dustin Johnson. Dustin Johnson’s passion is helping communities come together to support and serve those most in need. For well over a decade, he has specialized in bringing his expertise, focus, tenacity and strategic thinking into organizations that are in jeopardy — evaluating and utilizing existing and underutilized resources to bring organizations into solvency and success.
Dustin is currently the executive director of the Anacortes Family Center, a homeless shelter with a unique approach to helping women, children and families in crisis, enabling them to realize self-sufficiency and success. AFC’s program has the distinction of being one of Washington State’s most successful shelters, with an over 80% success rate. Prior to running AFC, Dustin was the director of development and deputy director for Family Law CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), an organization that provides legal advocacy to abused and neglected kids in Seattle. At both organizations Dustin led the organization from near-collapse to financially flourishing. Dustin has also worked at the Seattle Symphony, he has been the business manager for Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square Neighborhood, and has been fortunate enough to consult with organizations large and small.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.