Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter: Dana Ostomel, chief gifting officer, DepositaGift.com
Price: $299.00, On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? Managers, fundraisers, program directors, in-house counsel, financial officers, marketers
Most nonprofits are aware that there is more to online fundraising than just sterile, transactional donation pages. Crowdfunding, or crowdsourced fundraising as some call it, is gaining interest among nonprofits as a new tool to galvanize your community and increase donations to support your mission from a larger audience than would normally be possible. Crowdfunding websites are commercial enterprises that allow a nonprofit to set up a socially enabled online fundraising site centered on a specific campaign’s goal. The fundraising campaign is hosted on the crowdfunding website and donations are accepted using the crowdfunding credit card processor. Crowdfunding represents a new “social networking fundraising” opportunity for nonprofits and may offer added opportunities to reach a broader audience of donors interested in supporting your mission. Getting started, however, can be daunting for the nonprofit manager who has been historically fundraising through more traditional vehicles and isn’t quite sure how to incorporate crowdfunding into the mix. A number of questions need to be answered before you “jump in,” relating to: which types of fundraising situations are most conducive to crowdfunding, how to best set up the fundraising site, and most importantly, how to market it. Please join Dana Ostomel, an experienced crowdfunding executive with experience working with nonprofit organizations, as she explains the required preparation, set up, and marketing necessary to successfully add crowdfunding to your existing mix of fundraising activities, and to reach current and new donors “socially.”
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this important crowdfunding webinar will cover:
- Step-by-step direction for how your organization can take advantage of what a crowdfunding platform can offer.
- How to incorporate crowdfunding into your existing fundraising mix and not make it “another thing you have to do,” but rather, a part of your overall program.
- The types of campaigns crowdfunding can be most effective for. For example, does it work better for raising funds for specific projects or annual giving campaigns?
- Other objectives that you can achieve beyond just making the thermometer rise.
- Best practices for setting up your campaign, from the story to the visuals to the goal.
- How to create a marketing roadmap to launch and promote a strong campaign to achieve and exceed your goals including suggestions for starting with your own network of supporters and extending out to a broader audience from there, and how to publicize your crowdfunding projects.
- Strategies to energize your community and galvanize an even wider audience of potential donors and supporters.
- Tips for evaluating crowdfunding sites including: look and feel, fees charged, marketing and social networking capabilities, payment processing, etc.
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Crowdfunding for Nonprofits: How to Add This New Tool to Your Fundraising Mix” is Dana Ostomel, founder and chief gifting officer of DepositaGift.com, a crowdfunding website. Dana is a marketing and branding expert with over a decade of experience developing integrated marketing solutions for brands in a wide range of industries including nonprofits. She has significant experience advising schools, religious organizations, and other organizations on the best approaches to setting up and marketing their own crowdfunding programs. In addition Ms. Ostomel has also worked with a number of for profit organizations including: Snapple, CENTURY 21, The Home Depot, DIRECTV and MasterCard. After leaving these organizations she launched the successful crowdfunding site, DepositaGift.com. Dana earned her B.A. degree in communications from U.C.L.A. and has studied in Israel and Spain.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.