Nonprofits rely heavily on foundation and government funding for most of their operational revenue. Public and private sources and funding patterns are expected to change over the next several years creating a more competitive environment. As priorities shift, funders will demand even more quality outcomes and quantified impacts in return for their investments. Understanding these expectations and integrating strategies now to meet them are essential for securing funding and ensuring you have the resources your organization needs for the future.
Once you understand the basics of grant writing, it is time to refine your strategies to differentiate your organization and achieve more funding for your nonprofit. Please join Lynn Ivey for a webinar that focuses on more advanced grant writing topics including matching your needs to the funders’ purpose, writing with the grant evaluator in mind, and developing clear, professional, supported and competitive proposals. By understanding how to make your proposal more compelling and appealing to funders, you will maximize your grant worthiness and win more grants.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Understanding and matching different types of grants to your needs
- Criteria for choosing relevant aspects of your programs/services to seek grants to fund
- Assessing grant opportunities for suitability to your nonprofit’s mission
- Understanding what grant reviewers are looking for
- Sample proposal formats and strategies for crafting winning problem statements
- Streamlining your grant writing process and maintaining grant readiness
- Developing logic models to assist your grant writing process and demonstrate results
- Finding and utilizing evidence based statistics to prove your case
- Creating a realistic budget
- Understanding the differences between direct & indirect costs and the value of in-kind contributions
- Keys to demonstrating effective grant administration and stewardship
- Factors to consider when choosing to renew or seek new grants
- Grant sources and resources
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Grant Writing 201: Advanced Strategies for Enhancing Your Competitiveness and Success” is Lynn Ivey. Lynn is a consultant, trainer and speaker for nonprofits throughout the U.S. Her nonprofit experience spans more than 20 years and includes senior executive and leadership positions with healthcare, education, and family support/intervention programs. Her roles have been diverse including: administrator of one of South Carolina’s largest nonprofit hospice programs, director and coordinator of volunteer programs, personnel manager, social worker, staff trainer, clinical instructor, and preschool director. Lynn is a licensed social worker and long-term care administrator with a passion for building stronger communities. Because of her wealth of first-hand experience, both in senior nonprofit executive and volunteer positions, she is a sought-after speaker and has presented at national, state and regional events and conferences. In addition to her professional work, she also has a wealth of volunteer experience including: women’s shelters, a theater company, U.S. Navy Family Service Center, and scouting. She has also held volunteer positions serving on the National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals CEO Steering Committee, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control Cancer Control Advisory Committee, and the South Carolina Association of Residential Care Homes Board of Directors, to mention only a few.