Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): James Ottavio Castagnera, Ph.D. and attorney at law
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Credits: Live webinar approved for 1.5 NASBA credit hours (Accounting).
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, board members, business leaders, volunteer managers, HR managers, program managers, supervisors, department heads, advocates, funders, outreach & education managers, and nonprofit staff
Every organization – whether for-profit or nonprofit – of even moderate size and complexity faces a common challenge: how to maximize internal communication and cooperation in order to maximize its mission’s success. In many non-profits, the challenge may manifest itself between the fund-raising folks, on one hand, and the operational departments on the other. Foundations find themselves faced with competing grant-making missions, each of which seeks to maximize its share of the annual grant budget. In higher education, the silos built around academic majors, such as science and the humanities, stymy students’ desire to design custom-tailored degree programs. These examples, and many more like them, build barriers on the road to organizational success and employee morale.
Please join Dr. Jim Castagnera for a blueprint for knocking down or leaping such barriers through a seven-point plan:
- Offer context
- Exercise empathy
- Embrace confusion
- Manage emotions
- Develop a common lexicon
- Intermingle, and
- Craft correct responses
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- How to analyze the cultural differences that exist between employees of differing educational and professional backgrounds
- How to factor in diversity factors, such as gender, age and race
- How to distinguish between barriers to cooperation between departments resulting from real distinctions in professional standards and genuine resource competition, on one hand, and artificial impediments that arise inadvertently and are hardly noted until they loom large
- What are the best tactics to remove or surmount such barriers: inter-office communication tools; training; recreational and informal interactions, etc.
- When might the employee disciplinary policy – the stick instead of the carrot – be appropriate to force necessary employee interactions
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Interdepartmental Communication & Collaboration: Strategies for Knocking Down Organizational Barriers” is Dr. Jim Castagnera, Esq. Dr. Castagnera holds a J.D. and a Ph.D. in American studies from Case Western Reserve University, where he was director of university communication. He has taught full time at UT-Austin and the Widener University law school, and part time at Penn’s Wharton School of Business. Currently, he is the associate provost and legal counsel at New Jersey’s Rider University and an adjunct professor of law at Drexel University in Philadelphia. He has published 20 books on education and employment topics and is managing director of his own consulting company.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.