No matter how impressive your organization is, you need to ask for donations to receive them, particularly during the distraction and hardship of the COVID-19 pandemic. As the year draws to a close, your supporters are more likely to make contributions, but you still need to ask, ideally in a direct, personal, and compelling way.
While you may feel uncomfortable having fundraising conversations, you can ask differently to diffuse much of the anxiety. It is possible to enjoy the moment of truth, use it to advance your relationship with each supporter, and fuel your cause.
- How should you connect with each donor?
- What preparations should you make for the ask?
- How can you make an ask an opportunity for the donor?
- How should you classify your role and theirs?
- When should you be quiet and listen?
- How should you respond when you get a “yes”?
- Does your cause deserve the gift? Do you feel it?
- How can you turn “no” into “next”?
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].