Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): John Curtis, founder, IOD, Inc., and Brittany Altmann, founding partner, Ascent Collective
Price: $349.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, marketing directors, development staff, program managers, supervisors, board members, financial officers
The end of the year is just around the corner and is the single biggest fundraising opportunity of the year when American’s generosity skyrockets. This webinar is for the veteran nonprofit leader who is ramping up for a year-end giving campaign and looking for new strategies to stand out in the “congested” holiday season just in time. Now is the perfect time to be sure you are prepared with the latest, proven and innovative approaches to engaging new and existing donors of all income levels. You will learn a fresh, new donor-centric approach to year-end giving that re-orders, re-tools and re-imagines your donor appeal across all platforms while staying true to your mission.
Please join John Curtis and Brittany Altmann for a webinar that will show you how to gear up rapidly (even at the last minute) with a powerful year-end appeal that can be ready just in time for the magic giving window of opportunity between Christmas and New Year.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Strategies to create a theme & set a financial goal that resonate with your donors
- The importance of reiterating key donor benefits throughout your appeals
- The use of individual stories and compelling examples as part of your appeal
- Showing how your appeal helps the donor accomplish their personal goals
- Determining the right balance of frequency and content at year’s end
- Using staff, board, volunteers & clients to generate themes for your appeal
- How to use past ineffective campaigns as a springboard for this year’s success
- Strategies to improve your campaign landing and giving page
- Steps to tailor the style of copy to match your target audience
- How to use attention grabbing techniques to get your message read
- The effective use of a P.S., P.P.S. and why they are important
- How to reinforce your message with multiple, even daily online appeals
- How to offer donors multiple ways to give so they can choose their preference
- Using independent testimony to substantiate your appeal
- Building excitement by running targeted social media appeals
- How to use videos for variety on all your digital channels
- Showing donors how their gift will reflect their values while supporting your mission
- How to use inspiring, heart-bending stories with sensitivity & dignity
- Methods to connect your ask to a specific person or need
- Personalization of your appeal to build lifelong donors
Successful Donor-Centric Campaign Planning: How to integrate your year-end appeal with your overall donor-centric campaign & develop a year round Culture of Philanthropy within your organization.
Leveraging Multiple Channels & Multiple Messages: How to use various communication channels for maximum impact that result in new dollars from new donors.
Building Buzz for a Strong Year-End Push: How to use the holiday season to bring in more money than any other time of the year.
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADERS
Your conference leaders for “Maximizing Year-End Giving with Proven, Donor-Centric Strategies: It’s Not Too Late!” are John Curtis and Brittany Altmann.
John Curtis founded IOD, Inc. in 1986 and has developed a proven track record in bringing sound organizational principles and leadership practices to hundreds of public, private and nonprofit organizations nationwide. He has 30+ years’ experience providing a wide array of consulting services to organizations of all types and sizes.
He also teaches strategic planning, leadership development, change management and fundraising for the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership at Rollins College in Florida, the Georgia Center for Nonprofits and the Duke Nonprofit Management Program in North Carolina and Virginia.
Brittany Altmann, founding partner of Ascent Collective, uses human-centered design methodology to help nonprofits nationwide identify their operational roadblocks and use them to their advantage. Her goal is to help organizations become more productive, innovative, collaborative, and most importantly, more human. Her strategies focus on creating win-win results for nonprofits of all types and sizes from animal welfare to historic preservation.
Brittany shows organizations how to use data-driven decision making to successfully design better methods of communicating their mission, vision and values to produce more successful end results. Brittany is a “digital media guru,” with a thorough knowledge of how analytics, SEO, research, usability testing, design, development, and marketing all play into user experience and web strategy. Her multidisciplinary approach allows her to create cross platform campaigns that stand out in today’s digital landscape.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.