Nonprofit Executive Director Certification Program (Multi-Session)
Please note that this certification program consists of 12 hours of training over 3 days.
DAY 1, SESSIONS 1-4
DAY 2, SESSIONS 5-8
DAY 3, SESSIONS 9-12
If you are unable to attend any of the live sessions on the days they have been scheduled you may utilize the on-demand recordings for the webinars you are unable to attend. Upon completion of either the live training or on-demand recordings you may request a final exam. Upon passing the final exam you will earn the designation of Certified Nonprofit Executive Director by NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning. To help demonstrate your professional training, commitment to your organization, and advancement in the nonprofit sector, we will send you a certificate for display.
The cost for the program is $1495. Registration includes all 12 sessions, on-demand recordings, all course materials, and final exam. There is a second-year continuing education certification requirement which includes attendance at additional webinars or on-demand recordings. Recertification in the third year is required in order to maintain certification and the costs for recertification and testing will be billed separately prior to the start of your third year.
Nonprofit executive directors (ED) are often hired for their expertise in a specific program area or for their fundraising skills. But the position of ED requires an often bewildering array of other skills and competencies that can prove daunting and truly make or break a nonprofit’s sustainability. From legal obligations to human resources, strategic planning to community building, the executive director’s training and preparedness can determine whether a nonprofit’s mission is successfully carried out.
The Nonprofit Executive Director Certification Program: Essential Training for an Essential Position is a comprehensive series that allows both new and more seasoned executive directors the opportunity to increase practical knowledge, enhance core competencies and gain invaluable skills for nonprofit leadership. The program combines a broad overview of executive director responsibilities and duties with a detailed, in-depth explanation of the strategies, policies and procedures required to implement and oversee nonprofit programming, ensure sustainability, manage risk, and increase donor support.
The Nonprofit Executive Director Certification Program consists of 12 webinars delivered as live webinars or on-demand recordings; supplemented by study and reference materials (available on-line).
Executive directors who complete the Nonprofit Executive Director Certification Program earn a prestigious professional designation awarded by NonprofitWebAdvisor and with it the training that will equip them to maximize their impact as nonprofit leaders.
The training sessions are clear, concise and comprehensive, with a complete set of quick reference guides and checklists accompanying each session:
Day 1, Sessions 1-4: Understanding Nonprofit Leadership - Executive Director and Board Responsibilities
- Session 1: Executive Director Core Competencies
- Thirteen core competencies essential for every successful executive director
- Session 2: Board Roles, Responsibilities and Lines of Authority
- Legal governance and support responsibilities of boards of directors
- Basics of board development
- Session 3: Volunteer Development, Board Committees and Meetings
- Volunteer development, volunteer handbooks, the various types of committee structures, how staff works with committees, and how to conduct effective meetings
- Session 4: Management Excellence and Sustainability Strategies
- How to achieve management excellence, balance all of the core elements and work toward long-term organizational sustainability
Q&A – 15-20 minutes
Day 2, Sessions 5-8: Working Behind the Scenes - Nonprofit Administration
- Session 5: Financial Management
- Basic and essential financial management policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Session 6: Infrastructure - Facilities, Equipment and Technology
- Key issues related to facilities, equipment and technology management
- Session 7: Understanding Critical Staff Issues - Human Resources
- Important personnel management issues, including legal issues, performance reviews and handbooks
- Session 8: Risk Management
- Critical risk management issues, including insurance, cybersecurity, crisis communication, contingency funding; and how to reduce the level of risk
Q&A – 15-20 minutes
Day 3, Sessions 9-12: Achieving the Vision and Mission - Resource Development, Marketing, Programs and Community Involvement
- Session 9: Resource Development
- Strategies and how to evaluate them
- Session 10: Marketing
- Developing brand identity and how to develop and evaluate a marketing plan
- Session 11: Community Involvement and Collaboration
- Strategies for being involved within the community
- Session 12: Outcomes Measurements and Evaluation
- Strategies for developing program outcomes measurements and evaluation
Q&A – 15-20 minutes
Final Exam Available Upon Request
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
To summarize, the Nonprofit Executive Director Certification Program consists of 12 live sessions delivered over 3 days in a webinar format with supporting materials. If you are unable to attend all twelve live sessions, or you wish to further review sessions you've attended, you can utilize the on-demand recordings as reference. You must complete and pass the final certification exam with a score of 80% or greater within two months of finishing the course to receive your certification from NonprofitWebAdvisor. Your certification designates that you have successfully completed all of the course requirements, passed the final examination and are certified by NonprofitWebAdvisor as a Certified Nonprofit Executive Director. We will send you a certificate demonstrating that you have attained this important achievement. Your certification is valid for a two-year period from the date you pass the final exam. Recertification in the third year is required in order to maintain certification after the first two years - the costs for recertification, training and exam will be billed separately prior to the start of your third year.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].