Sustaining the long-term wealth of your nonprofit organization is crucial. As such, many nonprofits wisely look to long-term investment strategies to increase their revenues. However, did you know that nonprofits must comply with internal revenue service (IRS) when investing is involved?
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Ability of a nonprofit to invest in the stock market, including stocks, bonds, funds, and other typical investment vehicles.
- How to accept donations of stock, bonds, or mutual funds or other securities.
- What restrictions exist for nonprofits in terms of their wholly owned for-profit businesses?
- Nonprofit parent subsidiary relationship and considerations for investment to or from these individuals.
- How a nonprofit should treat dividends and profits on their investment.
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Nonprofit Restrictions on Investing: Know the Rules and Stay in Compliance” is Nouvelle L. Gonzalo, Esq. Nouvelle L. Gonzalo is admitted to practice law in Ohio and Florida. She is the managing attorney of Gonzalo Law LLC, a U.S. and international corporate law firm with offices in Florida and Ohio. In addition to the active practice of law, Attorney Gonzalo serves as adjunct faculty at the University of Florida Levin College of Law where she teaches international corporate law.
As a magna cum laude graduate of New York University, Nouvelle L. Gonzalo received her bachelor’s degree in International Politics and Cultural Studies. She went on to earn a Juris Doctorate with Honors from the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. Atty. Gonzalo also completed part of her legal studies as a visiting scholar at St. Anne’s College at Oxford University in Oxford, England.
Atty. Gonzalo works with multinational companies, emerging firms, and nonprofits in the U.S. and abroad. She was recently, recognized as a 2019 Super Lawyer Rising Star with the top 2.5% of Florida lawyers.