Duration: Each session was 90 minutes, including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Jeanne Allen, nonprofit consultant
Price: $849.00, On-Demand includes full audio presentation, question and answer session and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, board members, business leaders, volunteer managers, HR managers, program managers, supervisors, department heads, advocates, funders, outreach & education managers, and nonprofit staff
The Strategic Planning Bootcamp for Nonprofits, in three 90-minute sessions, offers a comprehensive approach to preparing for, developing, implementing, and monitoring your strategic plan. Each session focuses on a key step in the strategic planning process:
- Preparing for Your Strategic Plan: Steps to Take and Questions to Ask Before You Plan
- Building Your Strategic Plan: Tools to Develop the Plan and Position Your Nonprofit for Sustainability
- Working Your Strategic Plan: How to Implement and Monitor Your Completed Plan
There will also be a summary and review of topics discussed in all three sessions.
The strategic plan is an important tool for guiding a nonprofit’s goals, services, activities and sustainability. Furthermore, the plan ensures that all staff members are aligned in their understanding of the organization’s work, priorities and ultimate mission. But strategic planning involves more than just jotting down a few notes or crunching some numbers. It requires a thoughtful approach from the development of the plan to its implementation.
The Strategic Planning Bootcamp for Nonprofits offers nonprofits a practical and thorough approach to strategic planning that will help any organization achieve greater sustainability. Just as you plan in stages, this program can be used at any point in the strategic planning process.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The Strategic Planning Bootcamp for Nonprofits includes 3 sessions available live, via digital download. The areas covered include:
1. Preparing for Your Strategic Plan: Steps to Take and Questions to Ask Before You Plan
This session explores the information you need to gather, questions you need to ask and steps you need to take before writing your strategic plan, including:
- Identifying reasons and benefits for strategic planning
- Important questions to ask and information to gather in the planning stages
- Discovering current trends impacting nonprofit planning
- Exploring what strategic planning is and is not
- Designing a process for excellent results and enhanced buy-in
- Describing leading practices of successful strategic planning
- Tips for selecting assessment tools and engaging your tribe
2. Building Your Strategic Plan: Tools to Develop the Plan and Position Your Nonprofit for Sustainability
This session helps you write and develop your strategic plan and discusses the various components of the strategic planning process, including:
- Identifying ways to assess your nonprofit’s situation
- Identifying the components of a plan
- Writing the strategic planning document
- Exploring a variety of planning tools
- Incorporating planning tools into your plan
- Reviewing financial implications of the strategic plan
- Organizing a planning retreat
- Defining the role of your board in building your plan
3. Working Your Strategic Plan: How to Implement and Monitor Your Completed Plan
This session helps you get the most out of your strategic plan by discussing what to look for after the plan is in place, including:
- Managing the changes needed for success
- Creating operating plans based on the strategic plan
- Deciding how to measure the success of your plan
- Identifying the board’s role in monitoring the plan
- Designing the monitoring process
- When to change your plan
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Strategic Planning Bootcamp for Nonprofits (3-Session Series)” is Jeanne Allen. Jeanne brings expertise in strategic planning, board and leadership development, change management, volunteer management, and social media strategy. As a consultant, facilitator, and key note speaker, she inspires and advises nonprofit professionals in the intersection of strategy, innovation, and leadership. Jeanne is passionate about effective nonprofit management and leadership, and building relationships with and between all the stakeholders: volunteers, members, staff and board leadership.
In addition to leading Jeanne Allen Consulting, she is an instructor in the Duke University Nonprofit Management Program (NC) where she teaches sustainable strategic planning, board development and governance, and social media strategy & policy for nonprofits. Currently, she is a Newswire contributor for Nonprofit Quarterly (NPQ) daily online journal and on the editorial board for Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN), an online magazine on technology and nonprofit leadership. Jeanne has spent 30+ years working in national and local nonprofits as a staff member, program leader, board member and consultant.
Additionally, Jeanne is a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer with expert knowledge of effective governance principles. Recently, Jeanne became a certified instructor in the Service Enterprise Program, which is sponsored by Points of Light Foundation. As a volunteer, she is a local organizer for NC Tech 4 Good, a community group focusing on technology skills for nonprofits and social good.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.