Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Lynn Ivey, nonprofit consultant
Price: $299.00, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, board members, business leaders, volunteer managers, HR managers, program managers, supervisors, department heads, advocates, funders, outreach & education managers, and nonprofit staff
Strategic plans are a critical tool in guiding an organization’s planning, evaluation, service delivery and communication activities. Having a clearly articulated strategic plan ensures everyone knows and is focused on the mission, understands the established goals, and knows their role in helping the organization get where it wants to go. Getting (and keeping) key players engaged in the planning process can be challenging. Depending on the nonprofit’s leadership, values, culture, complexity and size, the process for identifying top priorities and developing an actionable plan can easily become a burdensome and ineffective exercise.
Please join Lynn Ivey, nonprofit consultant, as she explores ways to design, develop and implement a strategic planning process that prepares your organization for both the present and the future. Learn key strategies for ensuring your nonprofit engages in ongoing and intentional planning, incorporates the right information into the plan, and identifies clearly defined goals, objectives and outcomes. Effective organizational planning defines your direction, articulates your vision, and provides you with a road map to a successful future.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Understand the strategic planning process as a means for defining your organization’s overall direction
- Identify activities and strategies that are responsive to your community’s needs and help you fulfill your mission
- Examine ways to design your specific strategic planning process that includes a variety of stakeholders to ensure the best use of human, financial and material resources
- Realize the need for creating a flexible plan that can adapt to new environmental factors, leadership changes, and revenue shifts
- Review ways to use your strategic plan to measure your activities, services, outcomes and impacts as a way to determine organizational capacity
- Consider best practices for strategic planning and understand how to integrate these into your process
- Identify resources needed for effective planning, including the possible need for an outside consultant
- Review ways to implement your strategic plan, monitor and measure your success, and maintain appropriate program management
- Review practical tips and case studies
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for “Strategic Plans: Developing & Implementing the Course for Organizational Success” is Lynn Ivey. Lynn is a consultant, trainer and speaker for nonprofits throughout the U.S. Her nonprofit experience spans more than 20 years and includes senior executive and leadership positions with healthcare, education, and family support/intervention programs. Her roles have been diverse including: administrator of one of South Carolina’s largest nonprofit hospice programs, director and coordinator of volunteer programs, personnel manager, social worker, staff trainer, clinical instructor, and preschool director. Lynn is a licensed social worker and long-term care administrator with a passion for building stronger communities. Because of her wealth of first-hand experience, both in senior nonprofit executive and volunteer positions, she is a sought-after speaker and has presented at national, state and regional events and conferences. In addition to her professional work, she also has a wealth of volunteer experience including: women’s shelters, a theater company, U.S. Navy Family Service Center, and scouting. She has also held volunteer positions serving on the National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals CEO Steering Committee, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control Cancer Control Advisory Committee, and the South Carolina Association of Residential Care Homes Board of Directors, to mention only a few.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.