Duration: 90 minutes including question and answer session.
Presenter(s): Marilyn L. Donnellan, nonprofit consultant, trainer, and author
Price: $299.0, DL includes full audio presentation, question and answer session, and presentation slides.
CE Credits: This program has been approved for 1.5 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Who Should Attend? CEOs, executive directors, board members, volunteer managers, HR managers, program managers, supervisors, department heads, outreach & education managers
Too often, when an executive director (ED) or CEO departs, nonprofit boards scramble to find a warm body to fill the position. The results can be catastrophic for the organization. Hiring the wrong ED/CEO can negatively impact the fulfillment of the mission and destroy all the good work done before their arrival. It is the board's responsibility to not only do succession planning, but to establish clear policies and procedures for hiring.
Please join Marilyn Donnellan for a webinar that helps you and your board prepare for and respond to unforeseen succession events. Whether or not you think your leadership is on the way out, a comprehensive plan is imperative for your nonprofit’s security.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- An understanding of the importance of a succession plan
- Identifying strategies for developing a succession plan
- Understanding problems in the search process
- Examples of policies and procedures for the succession plan and search process
- Understanding the role of organizational assessments in succession and search plans
- Knowledge of the keys to determining the type of ED/CEO needed
- Ways to determine if an outside hiring firm is required
- Hints for establishing board committees for succession plans and search processes
- Strategies for selecting committee chairs and training the committee
- Understanding procedures for determining ED/CEO core competencies and job description
- Identifying specific budget issues to consider
- Interview strategies, timelines and legal issues
- ED/CEO orientation suggestions
- AND MUCH MORE!
YOUR CONFERENCE LEADER
Your conference leader for "Succession Planning: Failure to Prepare Could Mean Unexpected Trouble for Your Nonprofit" is Marilyn Donnellan. Ms. Donnellan has more than 30 years' experience as a nonprofit CEO, consultant and trainer, working with thousands of volunteers and hundreds of staff. She is an internationally known author of more than 20 books and guides on nonprofit management, as well as numerous articles in nonprofit journals. Her guide on strategic planning, "The Six-Hour Strategic Plan," was winner of the SEToolbelt award for innovation. Ms. Donnellan has a B.A. degree in human resources management from George Fox University and an M.S. degree in administration from the Atlantic Coast Theological Seminary.
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com QUALITY COMMITMENT
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of DKG Media, LP, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION
NonprofitWebAdvisor certificates of participation are available to everyone completing this webinar.