There is a wild and wonderful world of U.S. nonprofits going abroad. Although there are some similarities between how a for-profit and nonprofit organization expand abroad, there are also several, important legal and tax distinctions to consider. As such, this webinar will analyze U.S laws and relevant agency guidance related to international nonprofit expansion. The course will cover everything you need to know about operating abroad, including the rules and requirements stipulated by:
- U.S. Executive Order 13224
- The Office of Foreign Asset Control
- The Bureau of Industry and Security
- IRS Foreign Banking and Financial Accounts guidance and
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
This webinar also will address foreign employment law and IRS compliance related to the direct and indirect activities of nonprofit employees. Finally, participants will receive practical resources for distribution to nonprofit staff and boards involved in cross-border work.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Nonprofits Defined: In the U.S. and abroad.
- Key laws for U.S. nonprofits that expand abroad.
- Compliance with foreign laws.
- Identify the purpose of nonprofit expansion: Long-term vs. short term presence in the country or region.
- Nonprofit compliance with U.S. and foreign employment law.
- Legal structure of cross-border nonprofit engagement.
- Effectively selecting an international location for your nonprofit.
- Tax and financial requirements and filings.
- Foreign jurisdiction examples:
- South America
- International nonprofit contracts
- Nonprofit intellectual property protection abroad
- Resources for U.S. nonprofits operating abroad
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].