Your Guide to Solving Compliance Issues
Many charities use volunteers for managing their operations, and prefer to spend as much as they can on charitable operations rather than legal services. As a result, these charities do not get reviewed very often to see if they are compliant with the law that governs their operations. Compounding this issue, some charities that try to learn how to operate from other charities repeat the challenges. Your charity does not need to fall into this trap!
Please join attorney Myron Steeves, who has provided legal services to charities for 25 years, as he shares the 20 most common legal mistakes made by charities, and how to fix them.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- Assuring that the articles and bylaws are up to date and being followed
- Making proper use of legal terms and concepts in bylaws
- Including what is essential in minutes, and making them easily searchable
- Managing membership numbers
- Making loss of membership as clear as the process for becoming a member
- Following IRS guidelines on setting wages for employees
- Keeping accurate records, particularly of restricted funds
- Registering for charitable solicitation in states that require registration
- Properly classifying employees
NonprofitWebAdvisor.com Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at [email protected].